Car Rental in Crete - Price lists n.1
Insurance details and terms and conditions
The prices of the list 1 are in euro and always include :
Full Insurance against All Risks (SCDW)
With the SCDW the customer is fully relieved from the responsibility for any damage. The vehicles are subject to liability and fully comprehensive automobile and property damage insurance.
Special Full Insurance (FDW)
The FDW covers damages caused to the underside of the cars, glass, fire, tyres and engine damages.
Public Liability Insurance (PL)
The PL covers up to € 1.000.000,00 for personal injury and up to € 1.000.000,00 for property damage.
Theft Protection (TP)
With the TP in case the car is stolen the customer is relieved from the responsibility.
Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)
The PAI covers medical expenses etc. if an accident occurs.
Terms and conditions
1. Age requirement.
The renter and any associated drivers must be a minimum of 21 years of age for car group A and 23 years for all other car groups (with the exception of F, F1 and F1+ minibus who require driver of at least 25 years).
2. Driver's license.
Drivers must have a valid license held for at least one year. An International Driving License is required by Greek Law for all renters that are not citizens of the European Community or who do not have a European Drivers permit. Driving Licenses in characters not readable in English (Latin) or Greek (e.g. Cyrillic, Arabic, Indian, etc.) must be accompanied by an International Driving License.
3. Traffic fines and administrative sanctions tickets.
Traffic Fines and Administrative Sanctions Tickets and appended administrative sanctions resulting from any violation of the Greek Traffic law during rental period, is solely the renter's responsibility. If any such administrative sanction is not disclosed to the company at the end of the rental period (contract), the violation will be charged to the renter.
Fuel is always paid by the customer (unleaded unless otherwise specified). The customer is obliged to return the car with the same level that he rented.
5. Rental length. Minimum rental period is 3 days.
- In the unfortunate event of an accident the nearest police station must be informed and an accident report obtained (also please let the company know immediately). Without this report the renter is responsible for the full amount of the repairs. With this report the renter responsability is eliminated.
- No unauthorized repairs should be made.
- For negligent or drunk driving, driving under influence of drugs or on unauthorized roads, driving to prohibited areas/countries, obvious acts of disregards to the vehicle, the renter will be responsible for the full amount of damages.
7. Loss of the ignition key.
The renter is not covered for loss or stolen of the vehicle keys, in case of loss or theft of the same, the renter will have to pay the full amount to the rental company.
8. Taxes. All rates include 24% Value Added Tax.
9. Delivery and collection.
Delivery and collection are free of charge in Chanià, Kalives, Kalami, Kalathàs, Kato Stalos, Agia Marina, Plataniàs, Gerani, Maleme and Kolimbari. Deliveries and returns of the vehicle at different locations or in places of Crete not listed above is available with surcharge, provided that such request is made at the time of the reservation. You may contact us for more information.
10. Penalty for delayed return.
For groups A, B and C the first hour delay in return is not charged. Next 3 hours are charged at 10 euro per hour. Over 4 hours delay one day rate will be charged. For all the other groups the extra charges in case of late returns will be calculated and communicated in each case.
11. Transfer by ferry outside of Crete.
It is forbidden to transport the rented car outside the island of Crete. The insurances included in the rental agreement are active only in Crete.
12. Baby seats.
Available upon customer request, baby seat and booster seat are free of charge (age to be specified on the reservation request).
13. Satellite Navigator. Available upon customer request at the daily charge of 5 euro.
14. Validity of the rental conditions.
These rental conditions are subject to adjustments and changes according to possible regulatory changes. The Rental Company reserves the right to make changes and/or necessary updates at any time and without notice.